New Provincial Health Orders in Effect as of Midnight December 22, 2021
The Provincial Health Officer announced new restrictions this week in response to the increased risk of COVID infection presented by the Omicron variant. While we do not have the written orders yet, because the Order takes effect at midnight December 22, we are issuing this bulletin based on the information currently available. We may revise this bulletin once further details are available to us.
The Order is province wide, but does not take precedence where more stringent Orders are still in place in the Northern Health and the eastern Fraser Health Authorities.
As of December 22, 2021 at midnight, gyms, fitness centers, and dance studios are closed. In our view, this includes all municipal fitness facilities but will not include pools.
- All organized indoor gatherings, such as New Years Eve celebrations, are prohibited.
- Indoor events at venues such as theaters must be at 50% capacity limits.
- Bars, nightclubs and lounges are closed.
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs are open, but have a maximum of 6 people at each table. Customers must stay seated and cannot move between tables.
- Sports tournaments and related travel are prohibited.
- Personal indoor gatherings may take place with up to 10 vaccinated guests.
Please consult us for further advice or information.
Carolyn MacEachern & Pam Costanzo